Imperial College London Year 12 summer school
Y12 Engineering Summer SchoolImperial College London Year 12 summer school
|Date:||03-06 Jul 2017|
|Time:||09:30 – 16:00|
|Venue:||Engineering Departments and Halls of Residence|
|Campus:||South Kensington Campus|
|Event type:||External, Event for schools, Recruitment|
|Audience:||Prospective Students, Public, Schools|
|Ticket:||Registration in advance|
|Contact:||Luke Bacon, Melanie Bottrill and Signe Liepina|
Applications are now open closed
If you have any queries in regards to your application, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 20 7594 7328
About the Summer School
This residential summer school aims to broaden students’ interest in and experience of a variety of engineering disciplines with a view to assisting them in making an informed course choice.
Students will work in project groups within a subject stream and will undertake a practical investigation during the week. Supported by undergraduate mentors, students will tackle challenges within various engineering disciplines.
Successful applicants will be assigned to a subject stream based on the information they submit in their application.
Please note, if you are currently domiciled outside the UK then you should consider our Global Summer School instead.
Would this course suit me?
This course will suit you if you are interested in any of the following subjects:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Earth Sciences Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- To raise attainment in Science and Maths A Levels
- To showcase different types of Engineering
- To introduce students to University Campus life and facilities
- To provide information and guidance relating to student finance, life skills and applying to University
- To raise aspirations and motivate students towards studying STEM subjects at University and pursuing a STEM career