Imperial College London thesis
Once you have submitted your examination entry forms, you will be told when your entry has been processed and advised of the next stages. Please note: you are required to submit your thesis by your submission deadline, regardless of whether you have been contacted by Registry or not at this stage.
The regulations regarding thesis submission are different depending on whether you are registered for an Imperial College or University of London degree.
If you began your registration in or after October 2007 then you are automatically registered for an Imperial College degree.
If your start date is before this date and you are unsure which degree you are registered for then you can check this by logging into Student e-Service and clicking on the ‘Course Information’ tab.
Please read the relevant submission requirements carefully to ensure you submit in the correct format.
- Submission checklist for Imperial College degrees [pdf] for Imperial registered students
- Submission information for research degrees (University of London) [pdf] for University of London registered students
When you submit your thesis, you should make sure that you also email the relevant copy of the Thesis Declaration Form directly to the Registry:
- Thesis declaration form [doc] for Imperial registered students
- Thesis declaration form (University of London) [doc] for University of London registered students
If you have any further queries, please see the eThesis FAQs [pdf], or the Success Guide.
For a full list of departments with MScs and dissertations in Spiral, see Theses
Depositing Master’s dissertations in Spiral
The deposit of Master’s dissertations is managed by departments and is not mandatory.
Administrators in each department are responsible for collating all dissertations as PDF files and for creating their bibliographic data. ICT then upload the files and data to Spiral.
If your department would like to do this, please note:
- your departmental administrators will be responsible for the data entry
- you must use the Master’s dissertations template (Excel) for data entry
- you must follow the data entry and upload guidelines, see Guidelines for uploading Master’s dissertations to Spiral
- your faculty has a SharePoint site for departments to upload all files plus the completed spreadsheet
For further assistance contact your librarian