Imperial College London job opportunities
Applicants for external posts
Information on how to apply for jobs at Imperial using our e-recruitment system
See below for help using the e-recruitment system at every stage of the process. Be sure to check out our online demonstrations in the sidebar to see a video on how it’s done.
Note: This page is applicable to applicants not currently employed by Imperial College.
For guidance on how to search for a vacancy, please either view our online demonstration or follow the step by step instructions set out below.
To assist your search for a vacancy, you may wish to view our online search for a vacancy demonstration, which follows the steps set out below. Once you have opened this demonstration, please click the ‘See It‘ button, located at the top of the screen to view it.
Step by Step Instructions
- Navigate to the College’s Job applicants page
- Click on the green “Job Search” button
- Search for a vacancy using any of the search criteria or enter the job vacancy reference number (if known) into the Keywords field then click on the “Search” button
- Click on a link in the vacancy reference column to view an advert
- To view or save the job description and person specification, click on the link in the “Job Description and Person Specification ” section of the advert
- To view or save the application form click on the link in the “How to Apply” section of the advert
If you are using our job search system for the first time in order to apply for a vacancy, you will need to register your details. For guidance on ‘How to Register Today’ please either view our online demonstration or follow the step by step instructions set out below. Further guidance is also contained on this page.
To assist with registering, you may wish to view our online demonstration, which follows the steps set out below. Once you have opened this demonstration please click the ‘See It’ button located at the top of the screen to view it.
Step by step instructions
- Search for a vacancy
- Click on the “Apply Now” button at the top/bottom of the page – this opens up a “Login” page
- Click on the “New to iRecruitment? Register today” link and register using an email address and a password of your choice
- An email will be sent to the email address you used to register with a link that enables your online account to be activated. Click on the link, as instructed, to complete your registration
- N.B. If you do not receive an email within a few minutes, please check your spam/junk box
- You will then be returned to the Imperial College job site where you will be able to proceed with your application