Imperial College London internship
The Careers Service aims to help current Imperial students in this ever-changing recruitment landscape. Imperial students can book an Internship Consultation on JobsLive or email us to speak with one of our Placement and Internship Advisers. Also read our internship case studies to find out more about the exciting range of opportunities that students have undertaken.
What you will gain from an internship
- Insight into the sector
- Transferable skills and knowledge
- An opportunity to discover if a job is for you
- Contacts in your chosen industry
- Experience to talk about on job applications and in interviews
- Payment (Imperial Careers Service only advertises paid positions, except in the case of charities and statutory bodies which are exempt from the National Minimum Wage Act)
- Possibly even a job! – the 2016 High Fliers Graduate Market Report, more than 30% of entry level graduate vacancies at the ‘Top 100 Graduate Employers’ were filled by graduates with previous work experience at that employer.
To hear what Imperial students say they’ve gained from their past internships, visit our Internships Case Studies page.
Making the most of your internship
Try keeping a diary or use a work experience tracker [pdf] and reflect on what you actually do and this will make your experience even more valuable. Discover new strengths and weaknesses, note what you enjoyed, achieved and the responsibilities you’ve had. Record the names and job titles of people you meet for future networking.