Hull College Teaching Assistant
Teaching assistants assist teachers with their day-to-day classroom work and with routine administrative tasks.
Academic qualifications may be required by some employers, although entry is possible with relevant experience (possibly on a voluntary basis) alone. An NVQ Level 2 qualification is available. CRB clearance is mandatory.
Typical Education Level:
Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 (A Level Equivalent), Level 4, Level 5, Other (Short Course / Specialist Interest), Foundation
- Assists teacher with preparation or clearing up of classroom.
- Looks after lesson materials such as paper, pencils and crayons.
- Listens to children read, reads to them or tells stories.
- Assists children with washing or dressing for outdoor and similar activities.
- Makes simple teaching aids and constructs thematic displays of educational material or children’s work.
- Helps with outings and other out-of-classroom activities.
Learning Strategies, Critical Thinking, Monitoring, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Active Listening, Speaking, Active Learning, Mathematics
What You Could Earn
Related Courses Level 1 Childcare
Level 2 Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Level 2 Childcare
Level 3 (A Level Equivalent) Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Level 3 (A Level Equivalent) Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator)