Hull College Music Performance
BA (Hons) Music Performance University Level / Full Time
Our BA (Hons) Music Performance offers you an education in musicianship, research and creative practice that will prepare you for a life in music. The programme is tailored to provide you with opportunities to find your key strengths, such as performance, analysis, composing, music business, research or education, and then develop your chosen specialism to meet the expectations of the music industry.
The BA (Hons) Music Performance focuses on the study of popular music, and includes performance opportunities in a very broad range of popular and world music styles. You will be expected to develop as an individual performer on your chosen instrument, participate in ensemble groups, recording studio sessions, live public performances and formal assessments as you explore a breadth of practical experiences.
Our graduates pursue careers in music-related industries. Many establish their employability through vocational module projects; some secure jobs in the music industry whilst still studying at Hull College. Final year students may be offered the opportunity to participate in our annual visit to Memphis, Tennessee, to mentor at the Stax Music Academy as well as take in the historical sites of the birthplace of Rock’n’Roll, Soul and Jazz.
96 UCAS points
Although we use UCAS points as a guide for students coming straight from school or college, entry to all our programmes is by interview (and portfolio/audition for programmes in the Faculty of Arts), together with evidence of academic achievement and/or relevant professional attainment. So please contact us to discuss your individual situation as we actively welcome students from a wide range of educational backgrounds. For us, what you’ve achieved in the past isn’t nearly as important as what we believe you can achieve in the future and we excel at providing the support that helps students succeed, regardless of their previous academic background.
IELTS Score: 6.5
Modules & Units
- Cats: Frameworks For Understanding: Histories Theories And Perspectives
- Creative Futures: Skill Sets
- Composition And Arrangement One: Creative Portfolio
- Creative Practitioner One: Recording And Direction
- Musicianship One: Solo And Group Practice
- Composition and Arrangement Two: Stylistic Writing
- Creative Practitioner Two: Performance Portfolio
- Musicianship Two: Formal Performance Repertoire
- CATS: Contextualising and Theorising Practice
- Creative Futures: Contexts
- Cats: Critical Specialist Study
- Creative Futures: Professional Practitioner
- Major Performance: Recital
- Independent Study For Music Performance
DATES & TIMES
Call Course Information on 01482 598744 to discuss the possibility of additional start dates.
|Start Date||Duration||Days||Times||Price||Exam Fee|
|11th September 2017||3 Years||Various Days||–||TBC*||£0.00|
Get in touch
Call us 01482 329943
Send an email email@example.com