Hull College Group
About us as a College
Hull College Group, incorporates Hull College, Harrogate College and Goole College, and HCUK Training and is recognised as one of the highest performing colleges in the UK.
One of the largest providers of its kind in the Country, the Group has a turnover of circa £60 million and over 1200 staff and 25,000 students, are enrolled across the organisation studying a wide-range of further and higher education courses including; BTECs, NVQs, Foundation Degrees, BA (Hons) and Masters Degrees, Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeships with more than 90 per cent of those students achieving qualifications with the Group progressing into employment or further study within six months. The Group is also one of a few colleges to enrol 14 year olds full time and currently supports around 200 young people through their key stage four studies.
The Group has an outstanding reputation for excellence in learning, attainment and employability that is reflected in the “First Choice for Learning” vision statement. Employability is also at the core of our culture and curriculum focussed on equipping young people and adults with the skills needed for long-term careers. We’re investing in the future and a strategy aligned to local economic priorities that will support the economy and communities we serve to prosper – like us, we hope that you’ll be excited about the opportunities that lie ahead.
Key facts about Hull College Group
- The Group is a commercially-focused organisation in the business of learning and skills.
- In 2013/14 Hull, Goole and Harrogate College supported over 26,000 students on more than 1,000 courses, either on college premises or via work-based learning and community programmes. Ref. Annual Report 2013/14.
- 90% of students who completed a course are in work or further study within six months (Source: Hull College Group Student Destinations Survey 2014).
- The Group contributes £517m annually to the economy in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire, according to independent research. This is equivalent to £1 in every £20 spent in the region.
- It is also a major employer in the region.