Hull College Dental Nurse Course
Dental nurses prepare patients for, and assist with, dental examinations, prepare and sterilise instruments and maintain case records.
Entry is most common with GCSEs/S grades. Training is available both off- and on-the-job. Most entrants work towards the National Certificate for Dental Nurses.
Typical Education Level:
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Prepares and sterilises instruments and follows guidelines to maintain sterile conditions within the surgery.
- Hands required equipment and medication to dentist during examination.
- Assists with minor treatment, such as preparing materials for fillings.
- Removes water and saliva from patient’s mouth during treatment.
- Maintains records, processes and mounts x-ray films and undertakes reception duties.
Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Active Learning, Writing, Learning Strategies, Critical Thinking, Speaking, Monitoring, Science
Health and Safety First Aid All Aspects of Dental Nursing Anatomy and Physiology Practical Skills Client Care Examination Techniques Health Promotion Health Emergencies In The Treatment Room Human Development and Disease Communication Skills