Heriot Watt University kuwait
Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population.
We are pleased to be one of the recommended British universities by the Kuwaiti Cultural Office in London and we welcome a small number of students from Kuwait every year.
Previous students from Kuwait have studied:
- Civil Engineering (BEng / MEng)
- Architectural Engineering (BEng / MEng)
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (BEng / MEng)
- MSc Energy
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng / MEng)
- MSc Food and Beverage Science
- MA Accountancy and Finance
Heriot-Watt students are able to join in different student societies through which they can participate in different activities to learn about Edinburgh and learn about the great cultural heritage.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School’s admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- If you would like to study in the UK and do not meet the entry requirements for our degree programmes, we recommend that you take an International Foundation Programme at Edinburgh College. Here you will sit Scottish Highers as well as studying academic English language. Successful completion of this will allow you to apply for a degree programme at Heriot-Watt and receive a 10% fee reduction off the first year’s tuition fees.
- Foundation Programmes are also available at our Dubai and Malaysia campuses.
- For entry we would require you to complete a foundation programme before beginning an undergraduate degree. See our Foundation page for more information.
- For most of our Masters level programmes we require a good first degree with a GPA of around 3.0 out of 5.0 or equivalent or 60% in a relevant subject. Applicants with lower grades can be considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.