Heriot Watt University Dubai World Ranking
Heriot-Watt University is consistently ranked at a high level across a number of key university league tables.
From our research performance to student satisfaction, graduate employability and the quality of our teaching, Heriot-Watt’s status as a world-class university is independently confirmed.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17
- Ranked 9th in the UK for industry income, based on the value of industry research income per member of academic staff.
- 39th in the world, 13th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland for our international outlook, a score based on the percentage of the university’s international staff, the level of international co-authorship of academic papers and the percentage of international students studying with the University.
- 19th in UK for highest percentage of international students (42%).
Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’
THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.
- In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 27th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
Guardian University Guide 2018
View the Guardian University league table
- Ranked 26th in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- 2nd in UK for Building and Town & Country Planning
- 3rd the UK for Economics
- Top ten in UK for for Accounting & Finance and Business Management & Marketing
- 1st in Scotland Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Economics and Chemical Engineering
- 2nd in Scotland for six subjects: Chemistry and Mechnical Engineering.
National Student Survey 2016
The National Student Survey (NSS) is a survey which gathers honest feedback from final year undergraduates, studying full time.
- 90% of students were satisfied overall with their course in over half of the University’s subject areas
- Ranked in the top ten UK universities for six subjects: Chemistry, Economics, European Languages, Marketing, Planning and Maths and Statistics
- First in Scotland for Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Economics and Planning
- 2nd in Scotland for a further five subjects: Chemical Engineering, European Languages, Management, Building, Design Studies.
All NSS data is available on the Unistats website