Heriot-watt University Business School ranking
Where we rank
Heriot-Watt University is consistently ranked at a high level across a number of key university league tables.
From our research performance to student satisfaction, graduate employability and the quality of our teaching, Heriot-Watt’s status as a world-class university is independently confirmed.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17
Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’
Guardian University Guide 2018
View the Guardian University league table
- Ranked 26th in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- 2nd in UK for Building and Town & Country Planning
- 3rd the UK for Economics
- Top ten in UK for for Accounting & Finance and Business Management & Marketing
- 1st in Scotland Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Economics and Chemical Engineering
- 2nd in Scotland for six subjects: Chemistry and Mechnical Engineering.
National Student Survey 2016
The National Student Survey (NSS) is a survey which gathers honest feedback from final year undergraduates, studying full time.
- 90% of students were satisfied overall with their course in over half of the University’s subject areas
- Ranked in the top ten UK universities for six subjects: Chemistry, Economics, European Languages, Marketing, Planning and Maths and Statistics
- First in Scotland for Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Economics and Planning
- 2nd in Scotland for a further five subjects: Chemical Engineering, European Languages, Management, Building, Design Studies.
All NSS data is available on the Unistats website
Times Higher Education – ‘100 Under 50’ World University Ranking 2015
- 77th in the world, 10th the UK
- 11th in the world and first in Scotland, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator from THE World University Rankings. This indicator examines a university’s international student numbers, its percentage of international staff and the proportion of its research papers published with a co-author from at least one other country.
Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Overall, 37th out of 128 institutions in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- Top ten in the UK for Building, Town & Country Planning and Landscape and General Engineering
- Top in Scotland for Building, Chemical Engineering, Town & Country Planning and Landscape, and top 3 in Scotland for: Art & Design, Chemistry, Economics, General Engineering, Mathematics and German.
The Complete University Guide 2018
- 28th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
- We are ranked 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK for Building
- We are ranked in the top ten in the UK for 3 of our subject areas – Building (2nd), Chemical Engineering (8th), and Town & Country Planning (7th)
- We are ranked in the top 25% in the UK for 10 subjects – Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Building, Business & Management Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering