Heriot Watt University Business Management
The Guardian University Guide 2015 ranks Business Management at Heriot-Watt 2nd in Scotland and 4th in the UK.
Our Business Management programmes reflect the values and current management thinking of leading organisations. They examine organisations, understand their workings, relate theory to business practice and prepare you for the ‘real world’. You will learn about strategy, marketing, human resources and legal matters, and then apply this learning to specific management problems and case studies of international and local companies.
Our programmes are complemented by regular guest speakers and many of our teaching staff also work in business and industry. This helps to ensure our programmes are particularly relevant and practical, providing you with the skills and knowledge to succeed in this competitive environment.
Our International Business Management with a Year Abroad programme includes a compulsory third year spent abroad at a partner institution, either in Europe or further afield.
- International Business Management MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Business Law MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Enterprise MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Human Resource Management MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Marketing MA (Hons)
- International Business Management with Year Abroad MA (Hons)
- Bachelor of Business Administration BBA
- A strong foundation in the principles and practice of business management
- Ability to analyse complex issues, think critically and provide solutions
- Use of statistical techniques to test theories
- Effective communication of ideas, both verbal and written
- Practical management and team-building skills.
Teaching and assessment
Learning methods include:
- lectures, and
Assessment is by a mixture of coursework and examination.
Professional recognition and exemptions
Students who have passed the courses designated as appropriate by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) can be considered for entry into the CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma.