Harper Adams University Learning Hub
The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub is Harper Adams University’s Virtual Learning Environment.
We are keen to support tutors in creating interactive and engaging learning object and activities on their module plages based on good instructional design principles. Learning objects can range from a simple PDF documents, narrated PowerPoint presentations to full length videos. The Hub includes a number of learning activities activities including quizzes, glossaries, forums and feedback tools to name but a few.
The Learning Hub is the main access point to Turnitin, our system for students to upload their assignments for plagiarism detection, and increasingly also for online marking via the GradeMark feature.
To see some ‘how to’ guides and resources please click on the links below:
- General Moodle resources including the handbook
- Resources on how to use Turnitin and Grademark
- Formative assessment using Moodle quizzes
For further information on details of staff training please contact Lydia Arnold, Henry Keil or Carl Kennard, and for ATP related enquires contact Joel Reed.
The Educational Development and Quality Enhancement Department, including the e-learning team, offer a range of services and events to support teaching and learning across the university.
Together we aim to:
- Provide specialist support to enable staff and students to develop and evaluate learning and teaching innovations
- Provide support and opportunities to enable staff to reach nationally recognised standards in relation to teaching and learning support
- Harness the imagination and creativity of staff to develop and reflect on innovative approaches to learning and learner support
- Support staff to share their work and findings, internally and externally
- Enhance the learning environment and student support through the use of technology
- Enable the development of collaborations which enable work-based students to access a rich learning experience
- Facilitate student engagement in all aspects of educational development
- Seed innovation and creativity within teaching across the university