Harper Adams University Engineering
Engineering and Design
The contribution made by engineering to mankind is literally all around us from managing the supply of water that we drink, the food that we eat, the homes that we live in and the clothes we wear and so on. In short without advances in engineering we would be unable to sustain or improve our lifestyles and our very survival would be at risk.
Engineers have an input in all stages of any given process. For example they may develop the means to extract or harness resources from the land or deep within the earth whilst at the same time being charged with minimizing damage to the environment. Their expertise provides the infrastructures necessary to maintain life and to meet the demands of modern society such as continued population growth whilst also safeguarding the future of the planet. In addition to all of this they have to be realistic by taking account of production or construction costs, not forgetting health and safety issues.
It is clear then that choosing a career in the engineering industry brings with it a heap of responsibility! Here at Harper Adams we will help you in all of these aspects in your goal to be a qualified engineer. You will not only get to grips with the nuts and bolts but you will leave with the skills and awareness required to meet to the demands of the world in which we live.
- Engineering student’s ambition to enhance electronic skills
- IAgrE award honours Harper Adams lecturer’s contribution
- Placement Awards 2017 – students honoured for outstanding performance
- Drilling completed autonomously at Hands Free Hectare
- Business and Mechanical Engineering advances as Harper Adams holds firm in Complete University Guide top 50
Read an introduction to our undergraduate engineering programmes.
- A-Z list of undergraduate engineering courses for 2017 entry
- A-Z list of postgraduate engineering courses for 2017 entry
Professional short courses
- BASIS – Agricultural Awareness Training for Drone Operators
- Brushcutter Operation
- Chainsaw – Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
- Chainsaw – Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Operations – Occasional User
- Chainsaw – Award in Felling Trees up to 380mm
- Sit-Astride ATVs (Quad Bikes) – NPTC Certificate of Competence
- Telescopic Forklift Handling – NPTC Certificate of Competence
- Tractor Driving – NPTC Certificate of Competence
- Understanding Global Positioning and GNSS in Precision Farming
- Understanding ISOBUS and Interoperability Issues
- Understanding Object-connected ICT in Precision Farming
- Understanding Precision Farming – An Introduction
- Understanding Variability in Precision Farming Processes