Harper Adams University Development Trust
Harper Adams University has a long tradition of solid financial performance and high-quality service provision, both vital to enable investment in its activities and to support its staff and students. Universities and colleges now operate in an increasingly competitive financial environment which makes reinvestment and development much more difficult to achieve. Alternative funding sources to Government grants need to be found. The Harper Adams University Development Trust was set up to facilitate this objective.
The Harper Adams University Development Trust was formally established a few years ago with the main aim of ‘developing the student experience’ by
- continuing the University’s work to create the best possible learning environment for its students, with a focus on the improvement of student facilities;
- providing an endowment fund to help students in need of financial support to take part in higher education at the University.
The Trustees, consisting of the Vice-Chancellor, Alumni, Governors and independent persons, who bring with them a wide variety of professional, business and educational experience in the land-based industries to support the work of the Trust. They have been working behind the scenes to raise vital income in support of student scholarships and a capital programme. There remains a lot to be done and a major challenge for the Development Trust, therefore, will be to secure additional monies in a very competitive fundraising market.
- Engineering student’s ambition to enhance electronic skills
- Student gains YFC secretary role thanks to scholarship
- Placement year helps scholar decide on career path
- Harper Adams University provides key to career in agriculture for non-farming background student
- “Agriculture is more than a job to me; it’s a way of life”