Guildhall School of Music and Drama Theatre
The Theatre in Milton Court, with its 223 seats on three levels and optional forestage, relieves demand on the Silk Street Theatre and provides an enhanced training experience for Guildhall School actors and theatre technicians.
For actors, it provides direct experience of rehearsing and performing in a traditional proscenium arch, multi-level theatre, a format commonly found across the UK and requiring training in specific acting skills. The Theatre also has an orchestra pit and is used by our first-year opera students for smaller opera performances. This will give them access to a public platform at an earlier stage in their training.
The Theatre in Milton Court has been built to exceptionally high specifications. With professional-standard technical facilities our students gain experience of using the latest stage technologies that are crucial for gaining employment in the most sophisticated theatres and performance venues.
The Theatre features:
- fully-automated power flying into the integral fly tower
- elevators in the orchestra pit to control the adaptable forestage area
- state-of-the-art lighting, sound and audio-visual facilities
- hydraulic access system for installing lighting and other production equipment
- acoustic drapes in the auditorium
- assisted-listening system
- high-quality dressing room facilities
Explore the Milton Court Theatre in our 360° tour below.
For actors, it provides direct experience of rehearsing and performing in a traditional proscenium arch, multi-level theatre