Goldsmiths University Of London Sociology
Sociology offers illuminating insights into our lives. This degree examines how societies are organised, how people are united and divided in different cultural and social arrangements, and how people view their societies and their identities.
Why study BA Sociology at Goldsmiths?
- You’ll be taught in one of the UK’s top sociology departments; in the most recent official assessment we achieved joint first ranking for the world-class quality of our research
- In the 2014 National Student Survey (NSS), sociology at Goldsmiths achieved a high score of 91% for the overall quality of our teaching
- Our academics are responsible for actively shaping the discipline – they’re pioneers in their fields, and write the books that are on your reading lists
- An optional ‘Reflective Practice Sociology’ module gives you the opportunity to undertake a placement
- You’ll join a dynamic, diverse and motivated student body
- We co-ordinate a programme of talks featuring distinguished guests and visiting lecturers, so you’ll be exposed to a wide range of sociological ideas and issues
- You’ll develop the transferable skills that are sought after by employers, including research and problem-solving skills, and communication skills
- Our graduates have gone on to a wide range of careers in media and marketing, business and management, arts administration, and the voluntary and charitable sector
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact the Admissions Tutor, Dr Brett St Louis
International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
These requirements relate to 2018 entry. For 2017 entry please check the programme specification.
We accept a wide range of qualifications equivalent to the ones listed above. This includes:
Access: Pass with 45 Level 3 credits including 30 Distinctions and a number of merits/passes in subject-specific modules
Scottish qualifications: BBBBC (Higher), BBC (Advanced Higher)
European Baccalaureate: 75%
Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H2 H2