Goldsmiths University of London Media and Sociology
This interdisciplinary degree gives you the opportunity to explore sociological and communications theories alongside media practice, and to develop a critical analysis of media, communications and culture from historical and contemporary viewpoints.
Why study BA Media & Sociology at Goldsmiths?
- You’ll be taught by some of the leading names in media, communications, cultural studies and sociology – we write the books that are on your reading lists because they’ve actively shaped these disciplines
- You’ll have access to industry-standard practice facilities, including TV/film, radio and photography studios, digital video and audio editing suites, and animation software and hardware
- You’ll develop the practical and transferable skills that you can apply in the work place – our recent graduates are now working as news readers, editors, journalists, producers and photographers
- We regularly host debates and talks by international figures in media and cultural research; recent guests have included Danny Boyle, Gurinder Chadha and Noel Clark
- We’re ranked third in the UK for the quality and impact of our media research (Research Excellence Framework), which means that by studying in the department you’ll be working alongside academics who are leaders in their fields
Contact the department
International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
These requirements relate to 2018 entry. For 2017 entry please check the programme specification.
We accept a wide range of qualifications equivalent to the ones listed above. This includes:
Access: Pass with 45 Level 3 credits including 30 Distinctions and a number of merits/passes in subject-specific modules
Scottish qualifications: BBBBC (Higher), BBC (Advanced Higher)
European Baccalaureate: 75%
Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H2 H2