Goldsmiths University of London Psychology
We are a well-established, expanding department, currently with 35 full-time academic staff (including nine professors and four readers), plus a panel of visiting tutors.
At Goldsmiths, you can:
- Graduate with a degree accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) which means you’re eligible for graduate membership with the BPS (GBC) – vital if you want to be a psychologist
- Debate with award-winning academics who are experts in their field and often the people behind the books
- Take advantage of our Skills and Employability programme set up to develop the skills you need as an undergraduate and to start you off thinking about careers
- Keep on top of the latest developments in research and how psychology is applied to the real world through our regular seminar series
Our undergraduate programmes
- Choose from Masters degrees including the MSc Music, Mind & Brain – the first programme to explore psychology, music and neuroscience
- Learn from a broad postgraduate degree and get involved with staff research
- Apply for a PhD Studentship in Psychology
- Become part of our thriving postgraduate community with over 140 MSc, MPhil and PhD students from around the world
Our postgraduate programmes
The Department of Psychology offers an Erasmus scheme which enables you to live in a European city for part of your degree.
Laboratories and technical support
Our two teaching laboratories have a total of 65 networked computers which are used for training and experiment design. We have fully-equipped, air-conditioned research labs for psychosocial, cognitive and multi-purpose research.
- Use our on-site facilities including a Visual Perception and Attention Laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art eye tracking systems and our neuroscience labs including EEG and brain stimulation
- Access our dedicated research units including the Infant Lab, the Unit for School and Family Studies, InLab and the Sensorimotor Development Lab which offer the latest facilities for research and lab work
- Gain support from our in-house technical support staff in using a whole suite of specialist equipment and software, including an extensive psychological test library.