Goldsmiths University of London Journalism BA
The world of journalism is changing at an unprecedented rate. This programme offers an individual and innovative blend of contemporary, multi-media journalism that ensures graduates are prepared for the future of a rapidly developing industry.
You won’t just learn how to be a journalist, but why and how good journalism matters by putting it in its wider cultural context.
Why study BA Journalism at Goldsmiths?
- You’ll be taught by media professionals with extensive industry experience and leading academics involved in ground-breaking research
- You’ll learn the latest techniques in video, data and mobile journalism, digital and coding practices and essential reporting and writing skills
- You’ll build up a portfolio of work, get advice on careers and work experience and benefit from our close links with London’s thriving media
- All students work on breaking news stories covering issues that really matter to the local community on Eastlondonlines.co.uk
- The Department of Media and Communications is ranked third in the UK for the quality and impact of its research (Research Excellence Framework)
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact the Admissions Tutor
International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
These requirements relate to 2018 entry. For 2017 entry please check the programme specification. You should have Grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics.
As the course demands significant amounts of writing, it’s important that you are able to cope with the rigours of the course. You may be asked for examples of written work and called to interview.
We accept a wide range of qualifications equivalent to the ones listed above. This includes:
Access: Pass with 45 Level 3 credits including 30 Distinctions and a number of merits/passes in subject-specific modules
Scottish qualifications: BBBBC (Higher), BBC (Advanced Higher)
European Baccalaureate: 75%
Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H2 H2
English language requirements
If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to meet our English language requirements to study with us.
For this programme we require:
IELTS 7.0 with a 7.0 in writing