goldsmiths university of london interior design
This design degree allows you to develop strong design thinking while exploring your own creative focus. We encourage you to act through design to effect change, propose new visions of the future, and engage with sustainability.
This course is no longer accepting applications for 2017 entry. Applications for 2018 entry will be opening this autumn.
Why study BA Design at Goldsmiths?
- You’ll undertake a professional placement in your second year, allowing you to gain invaluable work experience and professional contacts. Recent placement organisations have included Imagination, Oxfam, Alexander McQueen, Selfridges and Studio Myerscough
- Our graduates are industry leaders – they work in top design consultancies (Pentagram, Heatherwick studio) and companies (Dyson, Selfridges, Oxfam), they’ve set up their own design studios (including Jailmake, PAN Studio, UsCreates), and they’ve progressed to become senior designers, consultants, and creative directors
- You’ll be taught technical skills by staff who work in the industry and have their own practices
- The degree offers excellent teaching, in an exciting and dynamic educational environment
- You’ll have dedicated studio space and use industry-standard workshops, with the latest in laser cutting and 3D modelling technology
- We’re the top Design degree in the UK for the second year running, with a score of 100/100 (Guardian University league tables by subject 2016)
- Our students regularly work on and win national awards
- Our degree shows attract massive interest from creative industry leaders who offer exciting placements to our students, and careers to our graduates
Using an interdisciplinary approach, you will engage with a diverse set of critical and practical ideas, and will be encouraged to push beyond the boundaries of traditional design specialisms. The BA Design equips you with the skills and confidence to build a career in a wide range of professions: opening a host of potential career pathways.
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Martin Conreen