Goldsmiths University of London History and Politics
This exciting degree lets you explore the ways in which thinking about politics is vital to a study of history, and how the past development of social and political institutions and ideas is crucial to an understanding of contemporary politics.
Why study BA History & Politics at Goldsmiths?
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain precious industry-standard experience and apply your academic skills within the workplace through our placement scheme
- We offer something different and exciting – we use innovative, interdisciplinary approaches to the subject, and will encourage you to explore issues, controversies and themes rather than chronological periods
- We’ll defamiliarise you from what you think you already know, and encourage you to look at the subjects from a different perspective
- You’ll work with staff who are enthusiastic researchers as well as being excellent teachers, many being recognised as international leaders in their field
- We’re only 15 minutes by train from the centre of government and decision-making at Westminster and Whitehall, and you’ll be able to make use of the many museums, galleries and exhibitions available in London
- The degree will give you access to a wide range of careers by developing your critical, analytical and communication skills; we help you think beyond the traditional boundaries of subjects in ways which employers really value
- We have a lively events programme that attracts renowned speakers, meaning that you’ll have the opportunity to hear the latest political and historical arguments, theories and ideas
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Erica Wald
International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
These requirements relate to 2018 entry. For 2017 entry please check the programme specification.
At Goldsmiths we offer innovative and challenging degrees in history, as well as a stimulating environment amongst a diverse and exciting community of students. Many of our students have achieved very high A-level grades, and that is reflected in our standard A-level offer.