Goldsmiths University of London Computer Science
This programme equips you with an in-depth understanding of the key conceptual and technological issues involved in building software systems.
Why study BSc Computer Science at Goldsmiths?
- After completing this degree, you’ll have a strong understanding of how to design, develop and apply software in all areas of commerce and industry
- You’ll have the option of taking an industrial placement year between the second and final year, allowing you to gain invaluable work experience in a computing, digital design or information technology field
- You’ll develop a clear sense of the issues involved in building and maintaining reliable software for the sophisticated demands of today’s market and for the software industry as it develops throughout the 21st century
- You’ll explore how computing interacts with a wide range of other subject areas, including applications in the arts and creative industries
- Our teaching is strongly focused on practical work in real world situations
- We’re ranked number 2 in London for computing (Guardian University League Tables 2017)
Contact the department
If you have specific questions about the degree, contact Rose Hepworth
International Baccalaureate: 33 points overall with Three HL subjects at 655
These requirements relate to 2018 entry. For 2017 entry please check the programme specification.
If you do not have a Science or Mathematics-based A-level, you should normally have at least Grade B at GCSE Mathematics.
If you are studying Computing on the University of London International Programmes, you may transfer onto the second or third year of this degree.
We accept a wide range of qualifications equivalent to the ones listed above. This includes:
Access: Pass with 45 Level 3 credits including 30 Distinctions and a number of merits/passes in subject-specific modules
Scottish qualifications: BBBBC (Higher), BBC (Advanced Higher)
European Baccalaureate: 75%
Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H2 H2
If your qualifications are from another country, find out more about the qualifications we accept from around the world.
English language requirements
If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to meet our English language requirements to study with us.
For this programme we require:
IELTS 6.0 no element lower than 5.5
If you need assistance with your English language, we offer a range of courses that can help prepare you for degree-level study.