Goldsmiths University of London BA Fine Art
This degree aims to equip you with creative, interpretive, critical and analytical skills, so that you can participate in and contribute to the expanding field of contemporary art.
This course is no longer accepting applications for 2017 entry. Applications for 2018 entry will be opening this autumn.
Why study BA Fine Art at Goldsmiths?
- You’ll make and study contemporary art in a dynamic, critical and interdisciplinary environment
- We’ll equip you with the skills that will help you develop independent thought and confidence in your practice, as well as transferable skills suitable for employment in the creative industries
- You’ll have your own studio space from day one, and will have access to excellent facilities including specialist research laboratories
- All staff on the programme are practising artists, curators and writers, here to respond to the work that you make and to help you understand how it contributes to, and challenges, the critical debates that exist in the study area and beyond
- Since 1990, former Goldsmiths students have been nominated for the Turner Prize more than 30 times, and have won the prize on seven occasions
Contact the department
Our entry requirements for this programme are usually:
- Successful completion of three A-levels, International Baccalaureate or an equivalent qualification
- PLUS successful completion of an Art and Design Foundation diploma
- Portfolio of work
Successful completion of a Foundation diploma, BTEC Extended Diploma in Art and Design (completed by the end of the academic year preceding entry).
Please note, students applying directly from A-Levels who have not completed an Art and Design Foundation or BTEC Extended Diploma in Art and Design will not be eligible for this programme.
After submitting your application you’ll be asked to upload a portfolio online. If selected for interview, you’ll be asked to bring along a portfolio of recent work and an essay. Find out more about the electronic portfolio requirements.