Glasgow Caledonian University USA
United States. Find out more about their study experience and why they chose GCU.
Academic Entry Requirements USA Entry
These are minimum general requirements only. Please refer to the relevant programme pages for essential subject requirements and grade ranges. Advanced entry is only possible where qualification aligns with programme.
Qualifications and grades
High School Graduation Diploma completed with a G.P.A of 2.7 plus one of the following:
- ACT Composite score of 24 minimum
- SAT(post March 2016) – score of 1000 minimum
- SAT (pre March 2016) – score of 1500 minimum
- AP’s – Generally we are looking for 2 Advanced Placements at minimum grade 3
- 2 SAT Subject Tests at a minimum score of 500
- For some programmes across our academic schools, we will require ACT or SAT combined with AP’s or SAT subject tests at higher grades or in specific subjects
Bachelor’s degree (GPA 2.7)
English Language Requirements
If your native language is not English, you will be required to demonstrate your English proficiency by gaining an English language qualification prior to the commencement of your programme. Minimum requirements are detailed below, however higher levels may be required for entry onto certain programmes.
- Successful completion of an INTO Glasgow Caledonian University English language programme
- Academic IELTS Average Score of 6, with no element less than 5.5
- TOEFL Internet based test overall score of 78 with minimum element scores of reading at 18, listening at 17, speaking at 20 and writing at 17
- Pearson PTE Academic overall score of 54 with no element less than 51
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) with a minimum Grade C
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – Pass at Level III
We also accept other English Language Qualifications.
Pre-entry English language courses
INTO Glasgow Caledonian University offers a range of academic and English language pathway programmes for applicants to Glasgow Caledonian University. As a college within the University, INTO courses are fully accredited by Glasgow Caledonian University and INTO students are based on, and have full access to, Glasgow Caledonian University facilities.
Courses on offer include:
- Pre-sessional English programmes
- Foundation programmes
- Diploma programmes
- Graduate Diploma programmes
- English for University study
- General English programmes