Glasgow Caledonian University Study Abroad
Study Abroad at GCU
Many students choose to join us for a full academic year, or for a single semester, and find that spending a period of study at GCU is a great experience both academically and socially. You can apply to study with us as a fee paying student for either a semester or full academic year as part of your home institution’s programme or independently.
Our programmes are modular based, allowing you to choose freely from our complete module catalogue according to your own study profile. There is no requirement to follow a named degree programme and you can choose subjects across disciplines. Our programmes are credit-rated, allowing you to transfer credits to your home institution on completion of your study abroad. We are very experienced in credit accumulation and transfer through years of association with a wide range of international partner universities.
Useful GCU information
Study Abroad application deadlines
- Trimester 1 (11 September 2017 – 17 January 2018): 2 June 2017
- Trimester 2 (15 January – 9 May 2018): 3 November 2017
Application form and visa details
- GCU Study Abroad Application Form
- UKVI- Do you need a UK Visa?
- International Student Support Services
GCU Exchange and Study Abroad Team
- Julie Fisher – Head of Operations (Undergradute Admissions/International Partnerships Office)
- Fiona Carmichael – Erasmus Officer
- Duncan Harcus – Development Officer
- Debra Osmond – International Partnerships Office Administrator
For all general enquiries please email: ExchangeEnquiries@gcu.ac.uk
If you are a GCU student who has applied to go on exchange please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an incoming exchange student please email: IncomingStudents@gcu.ac.uk.
If you are a GCU staff member considering exchange mobility please email: StaffExchange@gcu.ac.uk
If you would like to make an enquiry in person please come along to H204 (2nd floor of the William Harley Building) between 9.30am – 4.30pm where the Enquiry Team will be happy to help.