Glasgow Caledonian University Physiotherapy
The Physiotherapy subject area at Glasgow Caledonian University delivers a suite of innovative pre-and post-registration programmes, each designed to prepare graduates to deliver high quality, professional services in a range of health and workplace environments.
As a chartered physiotherapist you’ll be eligible to work in NHS hospital physiotherapy departments, health centres or private practice. GCU graduates have also gone on to pursue research activities or work in the local community or sports medicine.
Overall, the University is ranked in the top 20 universities in the UK for health research at world-leading and internationally excellent standards.
As physiotherapists with a genuinely scientific outlook, GCU physiotherapy graduates can deal with patients in a variety of settings, neurorehabilitation to musculoskeletal, respiratory care to industry.
With approval from the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) this programme allows you to gain the expertise and knowledge to become a practising physiotherapist.
Taught in state-of-the-art facilities, the programme is informed by the latest developments in physiotherapy practice. You will benefit from contributions from invited academic experts and clinical specialists.
Assessment and treatment of all conditions including sports injuries, traumatic musculoskeletal injuries, work-based overuse complaints, rehabilitation from long term conditions or pre- and post-surgery.
Treatments offered will be chosen as appropriate for each patient including:
- Manual and manipulative techniques
- Soft tissue techniques
- Exercise therapy and rehabilitation program design (with access to fully equipped gym during treatment sessions when required)
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Advice relating to posture and/or work station correction
- Advice relating to returning to work or specific activities / training / competition.
- Advice on prevention of injury
Free drop-in triage of acute injuries (less than 2 weeks old) for students within advertised time slots to assess and diagnose the injury and give advice on self-management or requirement for future treatment.
- Initial Assessment & Treatment (60 mins) £45/£30*
- Follow-up Treatment (30 mins) – £25/£15*
Remedial and Sports Massage
- 60 mins – £40
- 30 mins – £25
Loyalty Bonus Schemes
- GCU Students – one free follow-up (30 minute) treatment after three visits
- ARC Members, GCU Staff & non-GCU students – one free follow-up treatment/massage (30 minute) after five visits
* staff and students at GCU benefit from these special rates during placement periods: email GCUClinic@gcu.ac.uk or phone 0141 331 8881 for more details.