Glasgow Caledonian University Business School
Welcome to the Glasgow School for Business and Society
We thrive on ideas, support innovation and value the importance of social responsibility. Students come to us for our knowledge and experience to enhance their career and personal ambitions. Our external partners come to us to find the latest research-led thinking and to access the talent of our students.
The Department of Business Management is concerned with the contemporary and innovative use of management approaches and techniques, resources and processes to enhance and develop organisations in the private and public sectors in a highly competitive global marketplace in both our Glasgow and London Campuses.
Specifically, the Department is concerned with undergraduate and postgraduate provision and research in the following areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Events, Tourism and Sport Management
- Fashion, Marketing and Retail Management
These components of the Department of Business Management represent a continuum of business processes and activity from value creation through to value exploitation.
We believe that in the development of individuals we make a positive contribution to society. We insist that all aspects of our activity should be sustainable and responsible wherever it is deployed and at a departmental level our goals are:
- To provide a student experience of the highest standard
- To be a research active Department, committed to knowledge generation, transfer and commercialisation
- To deliver our programmes and services through high-quality sustainable and cost-effective infrastructure
If you have any questions or require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my colleagues.
Dr Susan Ogden
Head, Department of Business Management
Tel: 00 44 (0) 141 331 8466