Falmouth University Music
Try your hand at new techniques and ideas, and develop your own unique approach to music making. If you’re inspired by new and diverse music, from jazz to pop to classical, and want to embrace a spirit of innovation, this is the course for you.
Whether you’re a performer, composer, sound artist or musicologist, we’ll offer an insight into the modern music scene – a realm of adventure, where stylistic and technological boundaries are constantly pushed. You’ll also have the opportunity to grow through one-to-one tuition in a music specialism of your choice, as well as composition or studio production lessons.
- One-to-one and small group instrumental lessons, or
- Composition or studio production lessons
- Play regularly in ensembles, including vocal group, laptop orchestra, and Taiko drumming
- Regular guest speakers and artists, such as Graham Fitkin (Composer), Ed O’Brien (Radiohead) and Darcus Beese (Island Records)
- Take advantage of Falmouth’s annual jazz summer school, held in collaboration with Yamaha
How the course is taught
We put creativity and artistic exploration at the heart of what we do, creating a supportive environment for you to research new ideas, cross stylistic borders and work collaboratively with a wide range of people.
You’ll be in lectures and seminars studying a wide range of ideas and techniques. We’ll also support you through tutorials as you work out how to apply that learning to your own music making.