Edinburgh Napier University Logo
The Edinburgh Napier University logo can be seen in the banner at the top of this page. It consists of the typographic mark and the triangle. The logo is a very important asset of the organisation and should never be altered from its original format. It provides a guarantee of all the products and services which carry this mark. It is also the visual expression of our brand and must be valued and used in accordance with the examples shown in the brand guidelines toolkit available from the Graphic Design team.
Download high resolution logo
These logos are for use in printed materials only. Please right-click the version of the logo you require and download it to your computer for use – they will not all display correctly on the web so please do not left click to view them.
Microsoft-compatible logo for use in Office etc:
Black and white logo for internal use:
Black & White JPG
If you require a high resolution version of the logo for digital use, we can provide a logo to suit your requirements – please contact Malcolm Leitch in the Web Team on ext 5019 or email@example.com.
About the Dynamic Triangle
The new Dynamic Triangle is created from a right-angled triangle. It has been rotated 31º to achieve the angle shown above. It has evolved from the University’s widely recognised Red Triangle, which has been used extensively as part of our corporate identity.
The Dynamic Triangle should always appear in the Edinburgh Napier University brand logo as PMS 200 Red (or the CMYK equivalent). Where the logo is reversed (e.g. on a black background) the Dynamic Triangle can be white.
The Dynamic Triangle should never appear with a key-line around it. In all black and white materials it may appear in black (e.g. in fax templates, photocopied documents or press advertisements).
Edinburgh Napier University Logo
Pre-printed letterhead paper with the logo can be obtained from the print room.
- always reproduce the logo from approved master artwork, which is available from the Graphic Design Team.
- always use the logo as 100% solid colours (i.e. do not use tints)
- ensure the logo is used with the approved brand colours, white or black (i.e. do not use any other colours)
- always place the logo at the top right of the page – please note that the logo should not be placed flush (as before), but should sit evenly, leaving a space equal to or greater than the width of the triangle – at the top, side and below. The space around the logo will maximise its visual impact and protect its legal rights
- Do use the words Edinburgh Napier University to describe the University in text, in a single line or when referring to the University in an address where the logo is not suitable.
- do not edit the logo in any way
- do not separate the triangle and the words Edinburgh Napier University
- do not stretch or compress the logo to fill a space (i.e. it should be scaled proportionately on height and width only)
- never alter the relationship between the letters in the logo
- do not use other symbols in place of the triangle
- do not use the logo any smaller than the minimum size of 35mm width – adhering to this minimum size will prevent problems with reproduction and legibility.
Dos and don’ts for electronic material (multimedia & video)