Edge Hill University Sports
Edge Hill University Sports
Where your wellbeing is our business
Edge Hill Sport is the university sports service run on behalf of Edge Hill University. Working in close partnership with the Students’ Union and the Academic Sport Department its aim is to deliver a programme of activities in high quality facilities for the benefit of a wide range of stakeholders including students, staff, community, local schools and National Governing Bodies of Sport. We aim to offer an excellent service to all our users and have set out our standards in our Customer Charter.
It provides a focus for all sports and leisure activities on campus. It supports the competitive sports teams in the national BUCS competitions and provides recreational activities for the students living on-site. It promotes health and well-being amongst staff and students and is also working to create routes for work placements and work experience for academic sports students and also to bring together elements of sports volunteering, sports scholarships and TASS ( Talented Athletes Scholarship Scheme ).
The aims of Edge Hill Sport are to:
- Provide the University community with a first-class sporting experience that is readily adaptable and responsive to new ideas.
- Support and invest in the competitive student sports teams with the aim to enable students to compete in their chosen sports at the highest standard
- Provide a recreation / social programme for staff and students
- Operate a Sports Development Programme which actively encourages increased participation at all levels in sport and physical activity.
- Support the expansion of Edge Hill sports clubs in terms of their key objective of providing opportunity for all members of the University to compete.
- Support and endorse the preparation of Strategic Plans for sport at the University.
Students can pay for a 3-months membership or an annual fee. Unfortunately now that Team EH is a separate membership once again, there is no discount available on memberships to Team EH members. Edge Hill Sport and the Students’ Union are working collaboratively on a solution for the future.
Community members have the option of paying by monthly Direct Debit or an annual fee.
To save time when you arrive membership payments can be made via our Online Shop or if you prefer you can pay at the reception desk.
We do not charge you an initial joining fee and you are not tied in to any long-term contracts. Although parking is limited during term time up to 4.30pm, there is ample free car parking in the evenings and at weekends giving you easy access to our facilities.
The Corporate rate is available to Edge Hill Alumni and employees from WLBC, LCC, NHS and the Emergency Services on proof of ID, and for volume memberships from companies, sports clubs and organisations. Please contact the Sports Centre Manager if you require further details. Alumni should provide a copy of your Graduate certificate or copy of transcript or written confirmation from the Alumni team