Edge Hill University Scholarships
Edge Hill University Scholarships
Edge Hill University offers a range of scholarships to reward excellence in prospective students.
Excellence Scholarships and Sports Scholarships have an application process while the High Achievers Scholarship and Liverpool Scholarship are awarded automatically to eligible prospective students. More information about each scholarship is available via the links below.
Excellence Scholarships celebrate determination, commitment and achievement outside of your studies at school or college, for instance in creativity, enterprise, ICT, performance or volunteering.
Sports Scholarships reward talent, achievement and dedication in sport and are designed to enhance your sporting performance.
High Achievers Scholarship
Eligible entrants are rewarded for outstanding grades in final A Level or BTEC examinations through the High Achievers Scholarship.
The Liverpool Scholarship rewards the prospective student(s) living in the City of Liverpool who achieves the highest UCAS Tariff score.
Additional Scholarships for International Students
International students may be considered for a range of additional scholarships.
Further information about these extra scholarships, available only to overseas students or asylum seekers, can be found at www.edgehill.ac.uk/international/fees/scholarships.
Please note, the information below applies to students joining a full-time undergraduate degree, integrated Masters degree or foundation degree in 2017 only. For information about the High Achievers Scholarship for 2016 entry, please visit www.edgehill.ac.uk/highachievers2016.
The High Achievers Scholarship rewards eligible prospective students joining an Edge Hill University full-time undergraduate degree, full-time integrated Masters degree or full-time foundation degree in 2017.
If you achieve 144 UCAS Tariff points on the new UCAS Tariff, you may be eligible to receive a High Achievers Scholarship.
- £1,000 paid in two equal instalments during the first year of study.
To be eligible for a High Achievers Scholarship in academic year 2017/18, you must:
- Attain at least 144 UCAS Tariff points (AAA at A Level, DDD in BTEC) on the new UCAS Tariff. This must be from a maximum of three A Level (or equivalent) grades taken and achieved in one sitting and, for entry in 2017, awarded from 1st September 2014 onwards. A combination of suitable A Level/BTEC grades is permissible;
- Submit your UCAS application to a full-time undergraduate degree, integrated Masters degree or full-time foundation degree and accept the offer of a place at Edge Hill University.
You must not:
- Be joining a Nursing, Midwifery or Operating Department Practice degree where your tuition fees are being paid by the NHS. Most students joining these degrees in March 2017 will not be entitled to a High Achievers Scholarship. New funding arrangements, however, mean that if you are starting one of these courses (or an MNSW award in Nursing & Social Work) from September 2017, you may be eligible for a High Achievers Scholarship;
- Be joining DipHE Paramedic Practice where your tuition fees are being paid by the Department of Health, subject to tuition fee arrangements being confirmed by the Government for this programme for 2017 entry.
In addition to the above, the following eligibility criteria also apply:
- The High Achievers Scholarship is open to Edge Hill University applicants domiciled in the UK, EU, Isle of Man or Channel Islands;
- Students awarded a Liverpool Scholarship will no longer be eligible to receive a High Achievers Scholarship.
Equivalent qualifications from selected EU countries may also be accepted as satisfying the UCAS Tariff points criteria for the High Achievers Scholarship. Please email email@example.com for clarification.
How do I apply?
There is no application process for the High Achievers Scholarship.
Prospective students will be automatically assessed against the eligibility criteria outlined above. Successful candidates can expect to be contacted via letter in late 2017.