Durham University Queen’s Campus Map
Please explore the links below for more information on Queen’s Campus.
Queen’s Campus, Stockton
Queen’s Campus, Stockton is linked by the A66 to the A1(M) and the A19.
From A19 North to Queen’s Campus
- Join the A66, signposted Stockton/Darlington
- Take the first slip road from A66, signposted Teesside Retail Park/Tees Barrage
- Turn right at the traffic lights, over the bridge across the A66, following signs for the Barrage.
- Turn left at the roundabout.
For Holliday Building, Ebsworth Building and Wolfson Research Institute:
- Turn right at the next small roundabout into East Drive and keep forward into the Main Campus Car Park. Buildings are signposted and large campus maps are located around the car park.
For Stephenson College Residence:
- Turn right at the next small roundabout into East Drive. George Stephenson College Residences are located to the left of East Drive.
For John Snow College Residence:
- Follow directions 1-4 above.
- Drive along Princeton Drive and turn left at roundabout into Station Street.
- At the next roundabout the Residences are directly opposite.
- Take second left at the roundabout into Sorbonne Close – John Snow College Residences are on the right hand side.
From A19 South to Queen’s Campus
Join the slip road for the A66 signpost Stockton/Darlington. Keep on the slip road and follow the signs for the Barrage as described above.
East Coast Main Line operate high speed services from London, York and Edinburgh to Darlington, with a connection to Thornaby Railway Station.
The Transpennine Express provides a direct approximately hourly service from Manchester Airport, Manchester, Leeds and York to Thornaby.
Northern Rail operate a regular service from Saltburn to Newcastle and Bishop Aukland that stops at Thornaby and Durham.
For Stephenson College Residence
Once at Thornaby Station, climb the steps and turn right onto the footbridge. Walk over the footbridge and turn right along Station Street. At the roundabout turn right into Princeton Drive. At the next small roundabout turn left into East Drive. The College is on your left.
For John Snow College Residence
Once at Thornaby Station, climb the steps and turn right onto the footbridge. Walk over the footbridge and turn left into Chapel Street towards the Dubliners pub, passing Alexanders, (the Saab garage). The College is on Sorbonne Close which is directly opposite the Chapel Street roundabout.
* For those unable to climb the steps to the footbridge, the station approach road leads onto Mandale Road where successive right turns lead to Chapel Street and Station Street. As this is an extra half mile a taxi is recommended.
Durham Tees Valley Airport is just 8 miles from Stockton and Newcastle Airport is 50 minutes drive.
Contact Main postal addresses
The Palatine Centre
Other Useful contacts
- University Switchboard: 0191 334 2000
- Admissions (undergraduate): 0191 334 6128
- Admissions (postgraduate): 0191 334 6492
- Business School: 0191 334 5200
- Conference and Tourism (Event Durham): 0191 334 2887
- Development and Alumni Relations: 0191 334 6305
- Graduate School: 0191 334 4570
- International Office: 0191 334 6328
- Marketing: 0191 334 6316
- Media Relations: 0191 334 6075
- Prospectus enquiries: 0191 334 6128
- University Library: 0191 334 3042
- Out of hours – Security Office: 0191 334 2222
- Telephone and email contact lists