Durham University Quarantine Scan
Contact Main postal addresses
The Palatine Centre
Other Useful contacts
- University Switchboard: 0191 334 2000
- Admissions (undergraduate): 0191 334 6128
- Admissions (postgraduate): 0191 334 6492
- Business School: 0191 334 5200
- Conference and Tourism (Event Durham): 0191 334 2887
- Development and Alumni Relations: 0191 334 6305
- Graduate School: 0191 334 4570
- International Office: 0191 334 6328
- Marketing: 0191 334 6316
- Media Relations: 0191 334 6075
- Prospectus enquiries: 0191 334 6128
- University Library: 0191 334 3042
- Out of hours – Security Office: 0191 334 2222
- Telephone and email contact lists
Durham city centre is only two miles from the A1(M). Leave the motorway at Junction 62 on the A690 Durham – Sunderland road and follow signs to Durham City Centre.
Durham is 264 miles from London, 187 miles from Birmingham, 125 miles from Edinburgh and 67 miles from York.
There are several express coach services daily from most major cities. Durham is well served by both regional express services and the local bus network. From the city bus station – a short walk from the railway station – a bus service runs every 15 minutes past the Colleges on South Road.
60 InterCity trains from most major centres in the country call at Durham daily including 14 trains from London. The National Express high speed service takes under 3 hours from London King’s Cross on the main East Coast line. First Transpennine Express offers frequent links to Manchester, Sheffield and Leeds, while Cross Country links Durham directly with Scotland, the Midlands, and the South West.