Durham University J Drive
Please use the link below to go to the Mac OS X Support pages – which contains information regarding connecting to your home drive.
Connect to your J drive on Microsoft Windows
If you are using a Windows PC or laptop, please make sure the operating system is up-to-date.
Note this is for only mapping drives internally on the Durham network (e.g. wireless or wired), for secure external connection instructions click here.
- In your ‘Start’ menu (Windows 7), right click on Computer and select Map Network Drive
- In the ‘drive’ box we would suggest you choose J: and in the Folder type :\\server\yourusername your server will be one of the following:
- To find out which server you need to connect to, take a look at your account details by visiting https://www.dur.ac.uk/cis/password/accounts/ Log in with your username and password and towards the bottom of the page you’ll see ‘Home server’ which will be either hudson, stevens or foster. For example if foster is your Home server you will put the following in Folder option :\\foster.dur.ac.uk\abcd12
- Check the re-connect at logon box and then click Finish – you will be prompted to enter your username and password.
- In the username box type MDS\yourusername and in the password box type your password.