Durham University Geography Entry Requirements
Subject requirements, level and gradeIn addition to satisfying the University’s general entry requirements, please note:
- We welcome applications from those with other qualifications equivalent to our standard entry requirements and from mature students with non-standard qualifications or who may have had a break in their study
- One science subject is required at A-level or equivalent
- Geography is accepted as a science subject
- We do not include General Studies or Critical Thinking as part of our offer
- The standard offer for entry on to the BSc and MSci is AAA or equivalent. The Department does occasionally make offers that are less than AAA
- If you do not satisfy our general entry requirements, the Foundation Centre offers multidisciplinary degrees to prepare you for a range of specified degree courses
- If you are an international student who does not meet the requirements for direct entry to this degree, you may be eligible to take an International Foundation Year pathway programme at the Durham University International Study Centre
- Please consult the University website for required evidence of English language proficiency
- We are pleased to consider applications for deferred entry.
Applicants taking Science A-levels that include a practical component will be required to take and pass this as a condition of entry. This applies only to applicants sitting A-levels with an English examination board.
English Language requirements
Please check requirements for your subject and level of study.