De Montfort University Undergraduate Admissions
How to apply
DMU welcomes applications from UK and international students with a wide range of qualifications and experience.
The following sections should help to guide you through the application process and answer any questions you might have.
UCAS online application
All applications from Home or EU students for full-time higher education courses at UK universities and colleges are made through UCAS.
Applications can be made online and cost £12 for a single choice and £23 for 2-5 choices.
Students at a school or college registered with UCAS
All UK schools and colleges, along with a small number of overseas establishments, are registered with UCAS to manage their students’ applications. To apply you will need:
- A ‘buzzword’ from your tutor or careers adviser to register and establish the organisation you are applying from and allow your referee to attach a reference
- To submit the application to your referee who will send the completed application on your behalf
- To pay for your application either by credit or debit card online, or by paying your school or other registered centre
For further advice please contact our School and College Liaison Team at email@example.com
Independent applicants in the UK
If you are not at school or college you can apply independently online. You will be responsible for:
- Paying the correct application fee
- Obtaining and attaching academic references
- Ensuring your referee knows you well enough to write about you and your suitability for higher education. (UCAS will not accept references from family, other relatives or friends)
- Making your payment online using a credit or debit card
International applicants outside the UK (EU and worldwide)
If you live outside the UK, you can apply in three different ways:
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A photocopy of your passport
- 1 reference