De Montfort University PHD
How to apply
If you would like to apply to undertake a research degree at De Montfort University (DMU), you must complete the Application Form for Admission to a Research Programme (MPhil, PhD and MA/MSc by Research) and provide completed Academic Reference Report Form(s).
Please download the forms below, complete them and return (with your research proposal) by email to email@example.com
Section 2 of the admissions requirements and processes provides you with detailed information about the admissions process.
Your application will also need to include a summary of approximately three pages setting out your research proposal. This statement should indicate the purpose of your research and themes you propose to investigate, an indication of the methods you expect to use and, finally, the resources you will need to access to complete your research.
Applicants are asked to submit the following documents ONLY:
- Application Form (6 pages maximum)
- Application Form Annexe (1 page)
- Academic Reference Report Form (4 pages maximum)
– complete our reference report form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org from a valid institutional address
– complete our reference report form and send by post to the Graduate School Office with an original signature
– send on headed paper from the referee’s institution/organisation, signed by the referee and with an official stamp
– the reference report form must contain full contact details of the referee
- Research proposal summary (3 pages approximately)
- Scanned copies of most relevant certificates and transcripts (between 2 and 10 pages)
- International applicants will also need to include an electronic copy of your passport showing your passport number and proof of your English Language Qualification which should be in the form of an IELTS certificate or a copy of a degree from a majority English-speaking country dated within the last 5 years. Please note that we no longer accept TOEFL or TOEIC as proof of English language proficiency. We do provide a free English examination for applicants and offer holders which can be used in place of an IELTS examination. More information about the De Montfort University Academic Test of English (DATE) can be found here