De Montfort University Nursing Interview Questions
Think about the different questions you may be asked – take a look at the examples below:
- Why do you want to study…?
- What do you want to do after you graduate?
- What do you think the course can offer you?
- Tell me about your current studies. What do you enjoy the most/least about these?
- Give an example of when…? (You have solved a problem/worked as part of a team etc.)
During the interview
- Be confident and try to relax. Remember you’ve been invited to the interview as you’ve already shown potential.
- Make eye contact and smile
- Listen and consider your replies. Ensure you are not just giving yes/no answers
- If you don’t understand a question, don’t guess, politely ask the interviewer to rephrase or clarify
- Be enthusiastic. Admissions tutors will be looking for applicants who share their enthusiasm for the subject
After the interview
- Relax – the hard bit is over
- Review – think about what went well, what didn’t and why
- Get feedback – constructive feedback will help you improve for next time
- Enjoy the day – take a look around the university/campus and the city to get a feel for where you could be living and studying to find out which DMU courses require interviews as part of the application process, order your copy of our prospectus today at dmu.ac.uk/prospectus