De Montfort University Medicine
Medical Science B Med Sci (Hons)
Taking you from ‘bench to bedside’, the Medical Science BMedSci (Hons) degree is a research-led course, designed to equip you with a thorough knowledge of research, evidence-based medicine, and clinical skills. Read more
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths and English
Plus one of the following:
- A minimum of 120 UCAS points from at least two A levels including Human Biology, Biology or Chemistry at grade C or above
- BTEC National Diploma Science – Distinction/Distinction/Merit
- BTEC Extended Diploma Science – Distinction/Distinction/Merit
International Baccalaureate: 28+ with six higher level points in Chemistry and another Science at Higher Level (preferably Biology).
Access course (started before September 2014)
Pass in Access to Science, with 15 level 3 science credits at merit. English and Maths GCSE equivalency of 12 level two credits in each subject required.
Access to HE Diploma (started from September 2014)
Pass a Science Access qualification, e.g. AHE (Science) or AHE (Health Professions), Pass in Access to Science, with 15 level 3 science credits at merit. GCSEs in English and Maths at grade C or above.
Work experience: No
Personal statement selection criteria
- Clear communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Information relevant to the course applied for
- Interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence
- If relevant for the course – work and life experience
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
UCAS Tariff changes
Students applying for courses starting in September 2017 will be made offers based on a new UCAS Tariff. Find out more.