De Montfort University Halls
Of our ten halls three are managed by DMU, Bede Hall, New Wharf and Waterway Gardens, the rest are managed by private providers with the university allocating rooms on their behalf.
Our halls of residence:
- Bede Hall
- Filbert Village
- Liberty Park
- Liberty Court (formerly Victoria Hall)
- New Wharf Hall
- Newarke Point
- St Martins House
- The Glassworks
- The Grange
- Waterway Gardens
Halls of residence features:
- Halls have same gender or mixed gender flats available.
- Halls are self-catered
- Shared kitchen facilities – including a fridge/freezer and cooker as minimum, although most will also include a microwave, kettle, toaster, iron/ironing board and a vacuum cleaner.
- Shared laundry facilities – coin or card/token operated machines (you will need to provide your own washing products)
- Furnished bedrooms – comprising bed, wardrobe and desk.
- Internet access (additional charges may apply if you wish to upgrade)
- On-site hall manager
- Secure postal points
- Security staff either on site or on call 24/7, CCTV and/or electronic door entry systems.
- Bike parking/storage
- Contents insurance
Some halls also offer one or more of the following:
- En-suite bathrooms (all with showers, no baths)
- Premium bedrooms: pay more for a larger room with more storage and/or a double bed (single occupancy only) at Liberty Park all rooms are premium (standard size room with a double bed)
- Self Contained Studio apartments
- Common rooms
- TV points in bedrooms and communal areas – a portable TV aerial is required for rooms without a TV point (a TV licence is required for each room using a TV)
N.B. All accommodation is strictly non-smoking.