De Montfort University Engineering Year Zero
Engineering Year Zero
This course, which is part of four years of integrated study, is ideal if you want to become a professional Engineer, but do not have the relevant subject grades to study Engineering at degree level.
This course gives you the core skills in science, mathematics, design and IT, required to study engineering or physics at undergraduate level.
Reasons to study Engineering Year Zero at De Montfort University:
- Join one of the top 10 most popular universities in the UK for home and EU students, as rated by UCAS
Find out why our students say #IchoseDMU
- A stepping-stone to an undergraduate degree in Engineering
this course is the first year of four year’s integrated study
- Ideal if you don’t meet the entry criteria for direct entry to a degree
you can apply if you’re a mature student, or if you don’t have the entry requirements for a full degree
- A wide range of choices in progression routes
subject to meeting the requirements you can study Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Physics at undergraduate level
- Specialist industry-standard facilities
we have specialist laboratories for each area of study so that you can develop your expert skills
- Enjoy an international experience with #DMUglobal
we offer all students the opportunity to take part in a #DMUglobal experience, which can enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons.
I would recommend this course to anyone considering doing an electronic engineering or mechanical engineering degree. It gives you a taste of what to expect and prepares you for study.
2017 Entry Criteria
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Mathematics or equivalent, plus one of the following:
- Normally 56 UCAS points from at least one A-level or equivalent or
- BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at PPP or
- Pass in the QAA accredited Access to HE course. English and Mathematics GCSEs required as a separate qualification as equivalency is not accepted within the Access qualification. We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course
- International Baccalaureate: 24+ points
Portfolio Required: No
Interview Required: No