De Montfort University Business Law
Business Law LLB (Hons)
95% of our Law students were satisfied with their course (The Guardian, 2017).
Reasons to study Business Law at DMU:
The Business Law LLB at DMU allows you to focus on all aspects of business and commercial law. You can specialise in areas including international trade law, competition law and company law, giving you the breadth of knowledge you need to start your career as a business legal professional.
- Study a fully qualifying law degree
With full exemptions from the academic stage of the professional qualification for solicitors and barristers
- Benefit from a dedicated law environment
including a mock court room, client interviewing room and an integrated law library
- Activities such as Law Clinic, the Careers Project, Street Law, mooting and client interviewing
enhance your employability, ensuring you are well equipped for a range of career paths or further study
- Opportunities to get involved in extra-curricular activities
Such as visits to the Supreme Court, giving talks about legal issues in schools and colleges, and social events including the Annual Law Society Ball
- Enjoy an international experience with #DMUglobal
our innovative programme of work and study opportunities across the world, which can enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons
- 94% of our Law graduates are in work or further study within six months of graduating
Latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2014/15
- Successful completion of the course guarantees you a place on our Legal Practice Course
Which is the next stage of training to become a solicitor (subject to conditions)
- Rated in the top 10 most popular universities in the UK by UCAS, find out more #ichoseDMU
In the first year you study four core modules to give you a strong foundation in law. In years two and three you are free to select the modules that reflect your own interests and career aims, although certain modules are compulsory if you want to achieve qualifying status.