De Montfort University Accommodation Prices
Prices and contract lengths
N.B. Please be sure to check the yearly charge rather than the weekly as some contracts are longer than others.
- Different contract lengths and start dates to match course start and finish dates are available for Nursing and Midwifery and Art Foundation students
- Contracts for new overseas students will be one week longer and begin on Friday 15 September 2017.
- A confirmed room booking is a legally binding commitment to pay for the whole contract length
- Many halls require the first rent instalment paid prior to arrival
- You do not require a guarantor for DMU owned/managed halls. Private providers will request a guarantor. If you do not have a guarantor you may need to pay the full annual rent upfront (as well as other payments such as booking payments/damage deposits) before you can move in (see tenancy agreements)
N.B. Student loans are not usually deposited until after you have enrolled on your course. Contact our Student Finance and Welfare team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need advice on how to pay advance accommodation fees.
For DMU owned and managed halls DMU does not apply late payment charges unless the debt is passed to a debt collection agent (after a statement and two reminder letters) at which point a 10 per cent administrative charge will be added.
Should the debt eventually be pursued through the courts, the debtor may be liable for admissible costs.
Outstanding debts to private providers may incur charges.
Please be aware that it is common practice for accommodation providers in some halls of residence to charge UK, European and International students a surcharge for payment by debit or credit card. Please see information on our accepted payment methods.
Sample tenancy documents