Cranfield University VLE
Barrington Library is Cranfield Defence and Security’s library located at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom in Shrivenham.
Our mission is to enhance and enable learning; we are committed to delivering high quality learning services in support of education, training, research and advice.
The Barrington Library plays a key role in collecting, organising and disseminating knowledge assets for teaching, learning, research, and consultancy. These services are characterised by a high standard of customer care, relevance to individual users, and a focus on customer needs. We continually assess our performance and realign our services and resources to meet the changing needs of our customers.
Policies and regulations
Return to Help
- Library Regulations – a User Guide
- Protectively and Sensitively Marked Documents – a User Guide
- Can books be posted to me?
- Cranfield Staff and Students If you are a part-time Cranfield staff or student, we will post items from our collection to any UK, ROI, or BFPO addr…
- Health and Safety issues
- Health & Safety Evacuation Procedures All staff, students and visitors to Barrington Library have a personal responsibility to be aware of evacuati…
- Respect for others
- We politely request that all library customers: Take lengthy conversations on mobile phones or otherwise away from quiet areas If you are a…
Join the Library
If you are a current student or a member of staff of CDS you will be given membership during your induction programme.
Membership and access is also available upon request for:
- JSCSC members
- MoD and serving UK service personnel
- Cranfield University staff and students
- Cranfield Alumni may use Alumni Library Online
- General public: due to security restrictions, temporary access is judged on an individual needs basis
Note: access to online resources is available only in the Library building for resources with licenses which cover ‘walk in access’.