Cranfield University VLE
Barrington Library is Cranfield Defence and Security’s library located at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom in Shrivenham.
Our mission is to enhance and enable learning; we are committed to delivering high quality learning services in support of education, training, research and advice.
The Barrington Library plays a key role in collecting, organising and disseminating knowledge assets for teaching, learning, research, and consultancy. These services are characterised by a high standard of customer care, relevance to individual users, and a focus on customer needs. We continually assess our performance and realign our services and resources to meet the changing needs of our customers.
Policies and regulations
Return to Help
- Library Regulations – a User Guide
- Protectively and Sensitively Marked Documents – a User Guide
- Can books be posted to me?
- Cranfield Staff and Students If you are a part-time Cranfield staff or student, we will post items from our collection to any UK, ROI, or BFPO addr…
- Health and Safety issues
- Health & Safety Evacuation Procedures All staff, students and visitors to Barrington Library have a personal responsibility to be aware of evacuati…
- Respect for others
- We politely request that all library customers: Take lengthy conversations on mobile phones or otherwise away from quiet areas If you are a…
Join the Library
If you are a current student or a member of staff of CDS you will be given membership during your induction programme.
Membership and access is also available upon request for:
- JSCSC members
- MoD and serving UK service personnel
- Cranfield University staff and students
- Cranfield Alumni may use Alumni Library Online
- General public: due to security restrictions, temporary access is judged on an individual needs basis
Note: access to online resources is available only in the Library building for resources with licenses which cover ‘walk in access’.
Access to and use of the Library Reports Section is governed by regulations issued by the Defence Academy.
The link address is:https://vle.cds.cranfield.ac.uk/login/index.php