Cranfield University School of Management
Cranfield University School of Management, Cranfield School of Management, established in 1967, is one of the oldest and most reputable business schools in the UK. It is part of Cranfield University, the UK’s only wholly postgraduate university specialising in science, technology, engineering and management.
The school is constantly ranked among the top 20 European business schools by the Financial Times and is triple accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), EQUIS and AACSB. It is particularly well-known for its MSc Logistics & Supply Chain Management and MBA programme.
The Cranfield University campus, which includes the School of Management, is located just outside the village of Cranfield in the Bedfordshire countryside.
The School’s Management Information Resource Centre offers access to electronic resources and is equipped with a “Bloomberg Suite”, a series of terminals offering access to live financial services news and data on industries, markets, economic indicators, equities, bonds and derivatives. The school also has a purpose-built residential management training centre.
- 1937: an RAF airbase was set up near Cranfield village in Bedfordshire in 1937 in the build-up to the Second World War.
- 1946: the airbase became the site of a College of Aeronautics to provide education and training for aeronautical engineers. Aspects of management were a feature of Cranfield programmes from the late 1940s.
- 1953: the Work Study School, which evolved to become Cranfield School of Management, opened.
- 1964: the first Cranfield MBA programme was run.
- 1967: Cranfield School of Management was founded.
- 1969: Cranfield was awarded its Royal Charter giving it university status and the power to confer degrees under the new name of Cranfield Institute of Technology.
- 1993: Cranfield Institute of Technology changed its name to Cranfield University.
- 2001: Cranfield SOM gained Triple Crown accreditation, one of the first few to do so in the UK
The Cranfield MBA is a full-time one-year programme beginning in September each year. The class comprises around 100 students drawn from 30 to 40 countries.