Cranfield University Quality Management MSC
The course provides candidates with a critical understanding of the regulations and practices involved in global scientific research. This short course is a module of Quality Management in Scientific Research and Development.
At a glance
- Duration3 Days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£1,400 excludes accommodation
The course will be delivered in the form of a three-day residential workshop including lectures and practical sessions. Accompanying lecture notes, will be supplied and support the course throughout.
What you will learn
Knowledge and understanding
- Critically evaluate the complexity of global quality issues and how they impact at a local level.
- Critically evaluate the formulation of strategies for managing the quality assurance process in a variety of geographical, financial and cultural environments.
Skills and other attributes
Demonstrate the formulation of business policies demonstrating corporate responsibility, having regard for business ethics, social accountability and economic activity in a global context.
Topics covered by the course include:
- Global quality standards: common themes and key differences, mutual acceptance, harmonisation versus localisation
- Assuring quality at a distance: subcontractor assessment and management
- Quality management integration with other business requirements
- Organisational knowledge management, transfer of information, intellectual property
- Research business economics, global trends and driving forces.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Who should attend
This course is suitable for professionals wishing to develop their understanding of the regulations and practices involved in global scientific research.
The course has been developed in partnership with RCA (Research Quality Association).
Location and travel
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK — within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the Ml, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles).