Cranfield University Housing
Welcome to the official Cranfield University off campus student accommodation search engine. Studentpad lets you search for student accommodation, housing, flats and lodgings in Cranfield and the surrounding areas. Find your perfect student house with Studentpad today!
The Cranfield campus is in an ideal position – the peaceful location enables you to focus on your studies, yet you’ll be just a short distance from the vibrant towns of Milton Keynes and Bedfordand only an hour by road or rail to London, Oxford and Cambridge.
You might choose to live in the nearby village of Cranfield, which is two miles by road from the University. It is an attractive village with a supermarket, shops, take-away restaurants, petrol station, chemist, Post Office, hairdresser, pubs and a church. Other nearby villages include Wootton, North Crawley and Marston Moretaine. Do consider transport options carefully when considering off campus accommodation as you will almost certainly benefit from the use of a car.
Finding the perfect student accommodation doesn’t have to be a chore. But it’s important to remember that there is more to consider than just the size of your bedroom and how close you’ll be to the nearest pub! Our Student Housing Guide will help you avoid all the common mistakes thousands of students make each year when moving into their new student house.
Visit our dedicated website for more valuable housing advice you can’t afford to be without when choosing your future accommodation – Student Housing Guide.
- The roof looks sound, there aren’t any tiles missing.
- The gutters and pipes aren’t broken, leaking or full of grass.
- The window frames aren’t rotten.
- The windows aren’t broken, cracked or draughty.
- No signs of damp, e.g: dark patches, peeling wallpaper or flaking paint.
- Few signs of condensation such as mould on the walls.
- There aren’t any signs of pests, like slug trails and mouse droppings.
Gas & Electricity
- The plugs don’t get hot when switched on. Check there are plenty of sockets.
- The wiring doesn’t look old, there aren’t any frayed cables.
- The gas fire heats up properly and isn’t heat stained (if it is it may be dangerous).
- When was the last service and is there a valid Gas Safety Certificate.
- The cooker works! Try it.
- There is hot water.
- The taps all work properly.
- The bath and basins aren’t cracked and the toilet flushes properly.
- The external doors are solid with five-bar mortice locks. Your insurance may insist on this.
- The internal bedroom doors all have locks.
- The windows all have locks.
- Does it have a burglar alarm? Use your bargaining powers to get one. It is in the agent’s/landlord’s interest as well as your own.
- Does it have a smoke detector?
Print out Check List: