Cranfield University Health and Safety
Cranfield University Health and Safety, Cranfield University’s mission is to make a distinctive, practical contribution towards a secure society in a sustainable global economy, creating and transforming knowledge to solve real-world problems. In doing so it is essential that we take the right measures to control the health and safety risks connected with our work.
Our aim is to provide a safe and healthy environment by taking effective means to manage our risks and protect people from being harmed. Cranfield University is committed to a process of continuous improvement in the management of health and safety in all areas of work and study.
We recognise that this involves more than simply putting good policies, systems and processes in place, and we will take all reasonably practicable measures to ensure the safety of all persons, who are affected by the activities of the University.
We will achieve this by:
- Working together as one team to put practical health and safety risk management arrangements in place
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable health and safety
legislation and other requirements to which the University 6 subscribes
- Building the right capabilities and a zero harm culture to support our health and safety values and vision
- Mainstreaming health and safety excellence into everything we do, including all business planning and decision making processes
- Setting meaningful health and safety objectives and targets, using continuous improvement techniques to deliver better performance
- Providing sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, students and others working on behalf of the University
- Following the belief that we do not compromise on health and safety.
We will provide the appropriate leadership, management and resources to enable this to happen, with everyone who works, studies and lives with us playing an essential part in securing a safe and healthy environment for all.