Cranfield University Engineering
At a glance
- Start dateOctober
- Duration10 months
- DeliveryTaught modules (70%), Individual research project (30%)
- Study typeFull-time
Who is it for?
- Those who wish to take their career in a new direction and advance their skills in engineering
- Professionals who have been out of education for some time and wish to get back into the study routine before commencing an MSc programme
- Graduates with an undergraduate degree in engineering, physics or mathematics that do not meet our standard entry requirements
- Holders of a UK Ordinary/Pass degree (or equivalent for overseas students) who have industrial experience and cannot be admitted directly
- Overseas students wishing to enhance their technical English language skills before entering a Cranfield MSc course.
Why this course?
- To enable direct admission to selected engineering Masters degree courses from Cranfield University
- To learn the personal and professional skills needed both for masters-level study and in future career development
- To refresh and enhance the understanding of engineering related science and mathematics skills
- To understand the methodologies, philosophies and tools used within industry and provide valuable experience of working on open-ended projects.
This course can be used for entry into the following MSc courses:
- Advanced Chemical Engineering
- Advanced Materials
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Dynamics
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Aerospace Materials
- Aerospace Vehicle Design (AVD)
- Air Transport Management
- Airport Planning and Management
- Applied Nanotechnology
- Astronautics and Space Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Automotive Mechatronics
- Autonomous Vehicle Dynamics and Control
- Computational and Software Techniques in Engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Design of Rotating Machines
- Energy from Waste
- Energy Systems and Thermal Processes
- Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems
- Flow Assurance for Oil and Gas Production
- Knowledge Management for Innovation
- Management and Information Systems
- Manufacturing Consultancy
- Manufacturing Technology and Management
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Materials Engineering
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Renewable Energy
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Pipeline Engineering
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Risk Management
- Offshore and Ocean Technology with Subsea Engineering
- Operations Excellence
- Process Systems Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Renewable Energy Technology
- Thermal Power
- Welding Engineering.
Candidates will be individually considered and may be required to undertake this course as a condition of entry onto an eligible MSc programme.
Typical prerequisites include an ordinary degree or HND (with 3 years’ experience) in engineering and physical science disciplines. Previous experience, aptitude and level of academic achievement will be assessed.
Students must have familiarity with elementary mathematical functions (polynomial, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic for example), a sound working knowledge of algebra, and understanding and competence in basic calculus (differentiation and integration). A basic knowledge of the application of mass, force and moments as well as a fundamental understanding of SI units are required for stress analysis.
If you are an international student you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
IELTS Academic – 6.5 overall
TOEFL – 92
Pearson PTE Academic – 65
Cambridge English Scale – 180
Cambridge English: Advanced – C
Cambridge English: Proficiency – C
In addition to these minimum scores you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Students requiring a Tier 4 (General) visa must ensure they can meet the English language requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and we recommend booking a IELTS for UKVI test.
Applicants who do not already meet the English language entry requirement for their chosen Cranfield course can apply to attend one of our Presessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses. We offer Winter/Spring and Summer programmes each year to offer holders.
T: +44 (0)1234 750111